a touch of green...

In the little building that I work, we have 12 people now. We are a close-knit group, going out to lunch a couple of times a week and having little competitions.

I have mentioned the weight-loss competition in this blog before, but there are more contests than that going on here at the moment. We just finished one “guess what the repair estimate will be for John’s car”. This one had “Price is Right” rules where you needed to get as close to the amount without going over. The prize: you could ride shotgun in John’s car for a week when going out to lunch. Tony won.

The other one that is currently going on is a Stock Market Contest. This one will last a total of three months. You start out with $10,000 fake dollars and you do some virtual trading; picking your stocks and seeing what happens. The reason I picked today to talk about this is because all of the stocks I picked are GREEN stocks. And since it is St. Patrick’s Day today, I thought it would be as good a time as any to talk about this.

I invested mutually in: CREE (led lights), ABB (efficient electricity transmission and distribution), GE & ORA (geothermal).

By the way – I’m currently in second place!

P.S. – the third weight loss contest in also in progress – to be ending in 3 weeks. Let’s see what shenanigans (Irish word) these guys will pull this time.

Comments

Popular Posts