2010 census...

I took the test for the census last month. Got 3 problems wrong :(. Didn’t think I would hear from them, but I was wrong (again :) ). They called yesterday while I was at work. The lady wanted to do a little telephone interview. I asked her if I could call them back on Wednesday after work because I didn’t feel comfortable doing an interview for another job at my current job and I had a doctor appointment after work that evening. She seemed a little surprised or annoyed, but after she asked when I received the call from them (today), she agreed.

Well about 15 minutes ago, they called again. So, I took the call and went into the shredder room. I was a little annoyed that they didn’t allow me to call them after work like I had asked yesterday.

The girl goes through her spiel and I answer yes to everything until they came to the mandatory 5 day training. The group of us taking our test last month were told by the lady giving the test that they would have this training available in the evenings. Heck, they want us to work in the evenings, why wouldn’t they offer the classes in the evenings too, right? Well, according to the girl on the phone; they don’t. So, I had to turn them down. She wanted me to take a week off work from April 13-17. Oh well...$16 an hour, .55 a mile, 4-6 weeks after work next year to be a numerator, gone.

I’m a bit bummed and I think that is poor planning on their part but I'm not giving up without a fight. I will be calling them back this evening to discuss it further with someone else that may know something more.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cookie has worked for the census before--do you want her e-mail address?
baby sister said…
Well, I called back in the evening. Spoke to someone totally different and she confirmed that they DO NOT have classes in the evenings or on the weekends.

So, at this time, I won't be able to do it.

Oh well.

Popular Posts