let the christmas festivities begin…

Took my mom to the Holiday Tea at the Henry Ford Estate this past Saturday. It was quite nice. I love that place. The menu was an assortment of finger sandwiches and some mini desserts and of course we had tea! Holiday Spice for me – I think mom had some Pomegranate. After lunch, we were offered a tour around the Estate that was narrated by a Clara Ford impersonator. It was really nice and I was forcefully volunteered to dance the “some long named dance” with her in front of the whole lunch crowd.

Dropped off mom and raced back to Romeo because we had the Romeo Historical Society Christmas Home Tour at 6:30pm. It started at the Congregational Church on Main and we visited 5 homes in Romeo. I love this event and hope to do it every year. Had to miss last year because my company’s holiday party landed on the same night. The homes are usually older; some from the 1800’s. The owners have them decorated to the max. Trees in nearly every room. Some homes have the older feel to them with older looking styles and wallpaper, etc. Others have a more modern look, but keeping with the old, they throw in a few antiques here and there. Much more my style. My favorites were the first and the last homes. One was a Craftsman Bungalow, early 20th Century (Arts and Crafts) and the other was a Greek Revival, mid 19th Century. I believe the younger the people that own the homes, the more I share their tastes. I would have loved to take pictures, but my camera really doesn’t do a nice job when it’s dark, so I left it at home.

We have a lot more holiday fun to look forward to the rest of this month. Full details will be in later posts.

Comments

Popular Posts