backsplash tiles and faucet...
|Photo taken with iPhone camera|
So, nearly 2 months later and we've almost finished the kitchen. Also, the only room that still needs paint is the living room...oh, scrap that - we haven't even started in the bathroom yet. The bathroom will take us another month. I think we won't be done until after we're back from our trip in August - which is a big bummer, but I think whomever rents this place from us will be happy with all the updates.
I've been sweatily wearing my mask/respirator constantly now and I took the advice of a friend and fellow blogger and have brought some shop fans in and have them blowing out the windows the whole time we're there...and thus, I am feeling a lot better. The sinus drainage has nearly stopped and the throat irritation doesn't seem to be there any longer. This is a HUGE relief to my overworked brain.
What still needs to be done in the kitchen...
- dishwasher needs to be hooked up
- outlets need to be installed
- counter top needs to be cut to size and glued down (on the opposite side from this photo)
- toe kick needs to be installed
- stove and fridge need to be cleaned up a little more
- 1/4 round needs to be installed
- window covering needs to be purchased and installed
- trim at the top of the cabinets needs to be installed
- countertop sides need to be adhered (ironed on)
- some paint touch-up to the wall
- perhaps some cabinet knobs would need to be purchased and installed - however, Jerome is not thrilled about it
- the floor needs washing...and with that, I think the kitchen is done.