anything new and exciting?...

Every week, my sister from New York calls me and asks "anything new and exciting happening in your life?"

So I've decided I would start a list that will help me answer her question, because even though I know it's coming, every week I have to wrack my brain to think of anything to tell her.

So here we go with the beta version of my new weekly segment "Anything new and exciting?..."
I hope to keep this up every week and post it on Fridays.  Knowing me, you are currently reading the only submission...

Saturday we woke up to a perfectly functioning kitchen and while I was at a fundraiser, Jerome decided that today was the day that we would begin demoing the kitchen.



Sunday we continued demoing the entire day.  I'm not sure what we were thinking but we didn't empty any of the cupboards or drawers!!  This meant that Monday and Tuesday would be dedicated to washing everything in the cupboards and finding a place to store them for the next...I don't know...2-3 months...?



Monday afternoon we all were stunned by the senseless bombings in Boston during the Boston Marathon.  After reading about it on Facebook, I immediately called my sister Terry who lives outside of Boston and whose husband Bill usually runs in as many marathons as he can.  They were just headed out of Boston when I called, having been spectators and cheering on their friends who were running.  They had been in the area, but safely away when the explosions went off.  Thankfully Bill has been on a one year hiatus from running marathons and needless to say, we are very thankful that they were both OK.

Wednesday we were planning on going out to $1 Burger Night at our local restaurant Younger's.  We met Justin there for two reasons; my birthday was the next day and my son's wife was out of town, so it gave him an excuse to see us and to eat while she was away.  We had a nice dinner, Justin had to leave because he had to work early the next day and Jerome and I headed home.  I got into my PJ's and settled in to watch some TV and go to bed.  Around 10PM there was a knock at the door.  This startled me because we NEVER have anyone just stop by and it was so late.  Jerome got up to answer and then quiet...I listened and there was nothing, so I started to worry if it was an intruder.  I got up to check it out and there to my wondering eyes should appear, but my sister from Boston!!!  She came early to surprise me!!!  When does THAT happen?  To me? Never.  She kept it from my mom so that we could spend a couple of days together without obligation.  Very nice :)



Thursday was Bring Your Sister To Work Day!  So that's what I did.  I did it so that maybe they would let me leave early...which they did!  Terry and I spent the day together going out to eat in Rochester, checking out the Tile Shop since we need to figure out what we want to do with the kitchen when the demo is done and then off to my neck of the woods and even further north to visit the Sheep Stuff so that Terry could check out this very cool place and maybe buy her daughter some skeins of yarn.  It wasn't open, but it was such a pretty day and the sheep that make the wool are right out the back in the rolling fields.  So, we spent some time walking the property and taking pictures.



Friday was the day we would let my mom in on the secret that Terry is already in town (she wasn't expected until late Saturday night).  I had talked to mom earlier and made a time to come see her later in the day (around 2:30PM).  When we arrived, she was in the bathroom getting ready.  When she came out, she was so shocked, it was cute.



We only spent a little time with her and then we were off to take a small tour of Jerome's work; Takata.  They make Airbags, Seatbelts and Steering Wheels.

 
Then off to Detroit to meet with my friends Kelly, Dee and Lou and my son Justin for a nice dinner at Slow's BBQ.  Later I started thinking that all these people have gone to Europe with us on our different trips and were able to share their experiences together.  It was a fun night and it rounded out the birthday week perfectly.

Clearly, I have to cut this to bullet points and then perhaps make new posts about the different things.  It's still a work in progress.

Comments

Charisa said…
Yay for sisters! So glad you were able to spend time with yours!

That kitchen reno looks scary! I'm sure it will all be worth it when it's done! Can't wait to see the progress!

Popular Posts