Tuesday, January 22, 2013

another one bites the dust...

Well, I'd say not many people keep up with my blog postings...I rarely, if ever get comments (if you're reading this, please leave me a comment, so I know - thank you).  I had always thought that I was just doing this so that I had a record of things that happened in my life.  I guess that's a good way of looking at it.  Plus it's something that I can refer to when in need of a photo or something that I don't have with me at the time or when I'm trying to remember a story.

Anyway, with all that being said, I wanted to broadcast to the whole wide world that we have paid off the little house!  It took 16 and a half years of paying a mortgage + occasionally extra principal, but it's done now!!!

I put the offer in on this house on my 30th birthday.  I was making $10 an hour at the time.  The house cost me $68,500 in 1996.  Unfortunately, it's not worth that much today because of the economy, but back in 2005 we had an estimate done and they said it was worth $158,000.  I still have that paperwork.  Oh, it is sad that the bubble burst when it did.  Anyway, the current value shouldn't bother me unless I am trying to sell, which I am not.  I love this house and hope to keep it for a long time.

Don't worry, it's not standing there all alone...we rent it out.  We are on our third renters in 7 and a half years.  We've been lucky with our first renter and our latest renter...really good tenants.  Our middle one is another story...which I think I've already covered in this blog.
SUMMER
WINTER

SPRING
SUMMER

FALL
I am not one to jump up and down about these type of accomplishments because it doesn't come off that well to others.  It seems braggy or there are jealousy's,...but I really wanted to.  I did mention it on FB, with some response but again I don't like making people feel badly about their situations...which in a lot of cases are sort of dire.

So, it's really just gone by without much fanfare.

A friend of mine said that I should feel really good about myself because who else do you know that has done that...?  I answered "my mom and dad".  But truly, they are the only ones that come to mind...at least in this country.  Otherwise I can think of Jerome's parents and his sister Sabine...

I told my mom just yesterday and she was impressed and very happy for us, so I did get to say "YAY" when I was with her.

Now I'm just waiting on the Mortgage company to send the paperwork and the escrow balance...they say I should expect it within 30 days.  Then it's mortgage burning party time!

1 comment:

Deni said...

Hey, congratulations. And btw, I do read your blogs every couple of months. I wish I did it more often or I would know about the car.