- We've joined the Y...it's in the same city that we work and is on our way home. We are averaging a couple of days a week, which I'm sure we will be able to keep up with. I'm hoping that some improvement will start to show soon, so that I can feel that this is worth it. We've been members now since the last week of January, but used some free passes earlier in January. So far nothing's changed on me...maybe Jerome sees a difference in him. He had gained a pound or two over the winter and it was bothering him (he's still 20lbs less than me) + he loves to swim and so now he can swim to his hearts content.
- We've had a lot of snow lately (we even had a snow day from work!), but it's soon to melt away. Our temperatures are supposed to spike - into the upper 30's this weekend and those temps are to last into the following week. I predict that most of the snow will be gone by the end of next week. Usually we don't have snow that lasts the entire winter, but we have only experienced one melt this season so far.
- Jerome had planned a Kart2Kart evening with people from work. He also included people from my job and then extended the invite to the MINI peeps. It ended up being a really good turn out; 14 people. However, I hate to report that Jerome's winning streak ended with this race. He came in 4th! YIPES! I felt I needed to report this since I always report when he wins.
- Dad has been selling a few more paintings on Etsy lately. Always a surprise. He's sold 26 paintings so far and as he would put it, he's tickled. He continues to crank out the paintings; several a month - so as long as he's painting them, I'm posting them. You never know what people will find attractive.
- My sister Terry has finally landed a job since she arrived back in the USA from Austria (October 2009). It's not a bad job. She'll be illustrating a childrens book. The author is located in London, England and it's a Christian Children's book...right up her alley. I'm pretty happy about this. She's been beating herself up for over a year that she hasn't been able to bring much to the table - but now I'm pretty sure she'll feel like she's doing her part.
- Lastly, I received Valentine flowers yesterday; delivered to my job. My hubby,...what can I say. He wanted to have them sent to work and since I don't work on Monday's, he chose Thursday...it's also much cheaper delivery charges on Thursday than any other day that is closer to Valentine's Day. It was really sweet and I really love them. He's OK too.