official start date...

So, the garage project will begin on Tuesday with the demolition of the roof and some boulder moving.

We had to remove all our bushes and roses in that area so that they will be able to move the boulders. I'm not sure why it is that when I tell contractors that I want to save my plants they are always so surprised. I guess they like the whole idea behind demoing.

Here's a pic of what that boulder area looked like when we moved in, what it looked like before the plant removal and then what it looks like now.

In the middle of all of this, we are getting ready for Jerome's brother Herve and his girlfriend Nadia to arrive on Sunday evening. Gotta get the place looking halfway decent...but instead, I'm posting :).

Comments

Jan Marie said…
Oh my....you had it looking so great.

I bet you are excited. What is the projected finish date?

Will there be enough time to get your plants reestablished before winter?
baby sister said…
I would hope that we would be done before winter sets in...I would like to enjoy the deck/porch area on top of the garage once or twice before we have to hibernate.

I guess we are going to give it the old college try...if they don't survive - we'll have to get new ones.

All but one rose seem to be doing OK with their move. fingers crossed.

Popular Posts