Sunday, May 17, 2015

silly russians...

In 4 days, I've received nearly 50 spam comments to my last posting; radio silence.  What a bummer.  I rarely get regular comments and to be inundated with so many spam, I just can't imagine why.  They are all from Russia.  They all have a link attached.  

Of course, I have this blog set up with securities and I have to moderate the comments before they are posted and blogger realizes they are spam and immediately puts them in a spam folder.  The only reason I even know about them is that I get an email.

I guess they figure that at some point, either I or blogger will allow one to be posted and then someone will click on their link.  Silly Russians...

3 comments:

Charisa said...

Ugh, that's a lot. How annoying! At least blogger is doing a good job at detecting so that all you have to do is hit delete. I've never had it that bad, but when I do see an influx, I turn off comments for a bit to see if that helps. Good Luck!

baby sister said...

That's a great idea. I will turn off my comments for a week or so. Thanks Charisa :-)

Deni said...

Hey Von, I actually read your blog. Not every day, mind you, but once in awhile I check it to see if there is anything up with you that I don't know about. Love the cute pictures from the kittens and hope they are all doing well in their new homes. Yes, too bad about those silly Russians. Interestingly enough most of the people who read my blog are from Russia, too. Wonder what they are looking for?