health update...

Visited my cousin doctor (the GI) today for a follow up.  He told me that after looking at the results of my colonoscopy, I look very good and I won't need to have another CT Scan until sometime in the next 6 months to a year.

I've lost 10 lbs. since my last visit with him, which was July 1.  So, I guess that's not too bad - 10 lbs. in three months.  So, if I can keep this up, by Christmas, I'll be down 20 lbs.  That would be nice.

Also had the HealthCheck360 at Jerome's work and I've improved in a lot of areas from the previous two years.  I guess the biggest improvement would be that my overall cholesterol level is 153.  Two years ago I was just above 200.  I don't remember a time when my cholesterol level was so low...really.

So, I can now go on with my life knowing that I am doing pretty well.  The chronic kidney disease, hemangioma and fatty liver all contributed to me finally deciding to eat / drink better.  Still, I'm not eating the absolute best I could, but I'm taking steps in that direction.

In March, when I stopped eating fast food, stopped drinking diet pop (or any pop) and started drinking water, I didn't notice anything in my everyday life that improved.  In July, when I stopped eating so much sugary things such as cereal, cookies, ice cream, stopped drinking coffee and started eating things that were good for my liver such as lemon, avocado, walnuts, leafy greens, green tea, etc. I did notice a few things.  Very few headaches.  No more feeling pukey.  Heart flutters (AFIB) stopped.  A bit more energy.  Less aches and pains.

That is also when I started seriously following the MyFitnessPal app.  I'm trying to stay within a 1200 calorie a day diet.  It's not easy AT.ALL!  But, I'm living.

Still need to go for walks more often.  There's always room for improvement.

Comments

Charisa said…
Awesome job! Keep it up!!!
Jan Marie said…
Happy to hear that everything is OK.

I need to cut out the sugar but I can't. I'm weak. I crave sugar and carbs. Not a big meat eater.

Have you made a Halloween wreath yet? I saw one on orange and black with Halloween ornaments. Very cool.
baby sister said…
I sort of made a Halloween wreath last year, but I used the "new" Halloween colors...purple, green, black and orange. Think it needs more orange to really be considered Halloween though.

I have a leaf wreath that I made from leaves that my sister and I collected the weekend that we memorialized my dad (10/13/2012)...The leaves are still nice (I sprayed them with clear coat) but I need to hot glue some leaves back on.
Jan Marie said…
I wish I would have Pinned the wreath that I saw because it was so cool. Orange and black mostly with bumpkin ornaments.

There was an Etsy one that was green and black with a green skull ornament.

Popular Posts